Announcement!!!

Please take note that I'll no longer actively update this blog. Do visit Cindy's Lovely Life in future. This blog will update only when necessary (paid post). LOL! Kindly update my link in your blogs accordingly, do let me know if I've yet to put your link in my new blog.

Thanks!!!

Monday, November 23, 2009

Don't trust the scale

Weighing yourself on a scale every day can do more harm than good.

Calorie counting and constantly checking the scale usually leads to disappointment, which, in turn, leads to broken resolutions. The body fluctuates in weight as many as 3 to 5 pounds during the day. So while you're actually losing weight, you may think nothing has changed. Also, muscle is denser than fat, so while you may not see the numbers drop or in some cases see the numbers escalate, it may just be that you're gaining muscle. The best way to use the scale is moderately.

Try weighing yourself only once a week.

No comments: