Announcement!!!

Please take note that I'll no longer actively update this blog. Do visit Cindy's Lovely Life in future. This blog will update only when necessary (paid post). LOL! Kindly update my link in your blogs accordingly, do let me know if I've yet to put your link in my new blog.

Thanks!!!

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Take fiber to lose weight

Daily soluble-fiber supplements (such as Metamucil and Benefiber) may help you lose weight by curbing your hunger, according to a recent study published in the British Journal of Nutrition. People who took them lost an extra 9 pounds over four months. Experts say eating fiber-rich foods each day can work similar magic. A few to try:
  • Oatmeal (1 cup, cooked, instant or regular)
  • Popcorn (3 cups, air-popped or microwaved)
  • Edamame (1/2 cup, cooked)
  • Raspberries (1 cup, fresh or frozen)
  • Potatoes (1 medium with skin, baked or roasted)

No comments: